Wow. Chevak has a bunch of snow. I had to help Leo the maintenance man, clear the snow with the front loader. That's me right there in the center. I gave directions. There is so much snow that when the strong winds blow, the snow makes huge drifts and people can't walk from place to place. It is much easier to get everywhere if you have a snow machine. Anyway, Leo plows down the snow so people can walk back and forth to school. Here I am on a pile of snow we moved.
Our whole village is about the size of, uhmm, well about the size of four Wal Marts put together. Or, maybe the size of two football fields. We can walk anywhere. In fact I am getting a lot of good exercise.
Did you notice my new qaspeq? Stewarts wife, Carrie, made it for me Everyone wears qaspeqs here - it is the common native dress. Anytime people dress up, they wear qaspeqs.
No comments:
Post a Comment